+1 tag for Google Plus

Monday 10 October 2011

Discovery about Kontakt

I went through the Internet to see if I can find out more about learning to use Kontakt, after I know it's going to be my main interface for dealing with my virtual instruments. 

To my surprise, I found out that Kontakt is a very deep tool. Not only is it a sampler that plays your samples, but it is also a sample development platform. You can actually build an instrument out of your samples, or use existing samples to create a totally different instrument, right in Kontakt. It exposes so much functionality to users, it even has a KSP (Kontakt Scripting Processor) that allows you to script the behaviour of your virtual instrument. Script things like trigger another event (another sound or a loop) every time a key is pressed. You can script Kontakt to check when a note is released, when a control number is received, so on and so forth.

Of course this is very cool and very technical. But I hope to be able to play around with it enough to get myself familiarised with the interface and sounds, get inspired and motivated, before turning my attention to scripting the sampler.

Really looking forward to it! :)

Some articles I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment