+1 tag for Google Plus

Saturday 24 May 2014

Creating a Sound-Design Patch with Cakewalk Zeta in Sonar



In this video I show 3 methods to set up a patch that has a falling and rising pitch effect. I use Cakewalk Zeta 2 in Sonar X3, but this technique should be implementable in many other synthesizers.

I show 3 methods of how to achieve the result of constantly varying pitch in your patch.

The first method involves setting up the pitch bend range. In the second method, I make use of the portamento settings to achieve a rising and falling pitch.

Finally, in the last and most involved method, I use one of the four available LFOs in the synth to drive the pitch of one of the six available oscillators.

I then proceed to enhance the patch with sound-shaping tools found in the oscillator generation controls, and making use of the audio processing effects.

 Leave a note after the video if you find this useful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment